Produce Manager (Aspen Woods)
Calgary, Alberta, CanadaRetail
Blush Lane is looking for a full time Produce Manager to join our growing team at the Aspen Woods location in Calgary (#3000 – 10 Aspen Stone Blvd SW).
At Blush Lane Organic Market, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious actions. As part of our community at Blush Lane Organic Market, your energy and expertise will contribute to creating a healthy and caring workplace that improves our world in meaningful ways, both socially and environmentally.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop the team of Produce employees
- Assess the performance of individual staff members, address performance issues promptly by giving feedback and outlining corrective actions
- Promote cooperation with other departments, acting as a resource to all managers in the store
- Develop strategies and prioritize work with Store Manager to ensure that profit and sales goals of the department are achieved
- Ensure staff are well trained, have good product knowledge, deliver excellent customer service, and are sales-focused
- Manage purchasing, receiving, merchandising, trimming, rotation and stocking of products for optimum sales and profitability
- Create weekly schedules, ensuring sufficient staff on the sales floor to meet customer service needs
- Serving as a role model in providing excellent customer service by interacting with customers to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with the merchandise
- Oversee for in-store inventory control including routine counts, stock rotation, new product selection and manager specials to reduce overstock
- Check invoices for proper costing. Approve invoices for payment and enter them into the department budget spreadsheet
- Build attractive and creative displays to highlight current promotional products, high-volume, and high margin products
- Strong working knowledge of the organic produce industry, farming practices and related product
- Strong customer service focus with an ability to understand and integrate customer expectations
- A team builder and player with a proven record for successfully developing, mentoring and motivating teams
- Strong communication skills, can clearly present information to various audiences
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills; able to bring alignment and consensus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands under pressure and tight timelines
- A Grade 12 diploma with at least 3 years of experience in produce and at least 1 year as a supervisor or manager of a produce department. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- An interest, background, or work experience in the natural foods industry would be an asset.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Blush Lane software systems would be an asset
- Must be able to frequently lift 40-50 pounds.
What's in it for you?
- 10-25% discount on SPUD and Blush Lane purchases
Blush Lane's approach to inclusive hiring
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.