Part Time Delivery Drivers
Burnaby, British Columbia, CanadaCA$20 - CA$21 per hourDelivery / Logistics
SPUD.ca is looking for part time Delivery Drivers to join our growing team in Burnaby, BC (5566 Trapp Avenue, Unit 105). Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work on Sundays.
SPUD.ca is an online grocery delivery business in Western Canada. We are a passionate team who believe that food touches every aspect of our lives, so we are advocates for sustainable farming practices, sourcing locally, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a Certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to socially responsible business practices.
- Drive around sunny (or rainy!) Vancouver (and surrounding communities), listening to your music and making deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read delivery instructions carefully, especially where to leave bins.
- Pick up any empty bins, cryomats, ice packs, etc. and put them in the designated areas of the warehouse, at the end of the delivery.
- Provide our customers with a great experience when they interact with you! You are the face of the company, we receive a ton of positive feedback about our wonderful drivers!
- Be happy working with limited supervision in a role where you will directly impact our community.
- Take initiative and be willing to assist others as necessary, be happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Complete driver checklist accurately and legibly.
- Additional duties as required.
- A Class 5 Driver’s License, and clean driving record for the past 5 years
- Experience driving larger vehicles is required (ours are Mercedes Sprinter or similar)
- Ability to comfortably drive around Vancouver (including downtown) in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills
- Familiarity with Vancouver & surrounding areas is preferred
- A warm and engaging personality, displaying exceptional customer service!
- Willingness to work flexible hours and do other pick-ups as required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly
- Ability to work on your feet all day, bending, leaning, crouching and walking
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and operate larger vehicles
- Ability to work around grocery products and within a warehouse environment
What's in it for you?
- $20.00 per hour starting wage, increasing to $21.00 per hour after 3 months
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
SPUD's approach to inclusive hiring
SPUD's family of companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which celebrates the diversity found within our teams. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities, including Indigenous and First Nations, the LGBTQ2+ community, people of colour, and people with disabilities, to consider applying. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms, and we want to meet you at your best! Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.