Full Time Grocery Supervisor (Whyte Ave)
Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRetail
Blush Lane is looking for a Full Time Grocery Supervisor to join our growing team at the Whyte Avenue location in Edmonton (8135 102 Street NW, Edmonton)!
At Blush Lane Organic Market, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious actions. As part of our community at Blush Lane Organic Market, your energy and expertise will contribute to creating a healthy and caring workplace that improves our world in meaningful ways, both socially and environmentally.
- Assist the Department Manager with the supervision of department clerks. This includes assisting with hiring staff, scheduling, giving feedback to employees, and directing the work.
- Assist the Department Manager with ordering, merchandizing, and customer service.
- Assist the Department Manager with staff training.
- Provide excellent customer service by advising customers on selections, ensuring that customers can locate the products they need.
- Ensure the department is tidy and well stocked at all times. Build displays, stock merchandise, rotate products in accordance with expiry dates.
- Ensure price tags are accurate, and continually face the department.
- Maintain proper cooler rotation and perform cooler maintenance in accordance with standards.
- Receive incoming deliveries, review invoice accuracy, and inspect products to ensure they meet our quality standards.
- Provide feedback to the Department Manager on ways to improve the department or the customer service.
- Report to the Department Manager any employee performance issues.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment for customers and staff.
- Additional duties as required.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills.
- A Grade 12 diploma with at least 2 years of experience working in a retail setting, preferably in the grocery sector. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- An interest, background, or work experience in the natural foods industry would be an asset.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Blush Lane software systems would be an asset.
What's in it for you?
- 10-25% discount on SPUD and Blush Lane purchases
Blush Lane's approach to inclusive hiring
Our team is committed to building relationships rooted in trust, integrity and respect. We believe in a growth mindset and support our team members' personal and professional growth in a safe work environment. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.