Cash Supervisor (Whyte Ave)
Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRetail
Blush Lane is looking for a full time Cash Supervisor to join our growing team at the Whyte Ave location (#8135, 102 St NW, Edmonton)!
At Blush Lane Organic Market, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious actions. As part of our community at Blush Lane Organic Market, your energy and expertise will contribute to creating a healthy and caring workplace that improves our world in meaningful ways, both socially and environmentally.
Blush Lane's mission is to leverage innovation and technology to create a sustainable and profitable food system for all. We have developed deep expertise across the farm-to-fork value chain, both digitally and physically. Combined with explosive growth in the industry, our business is at an exciting point in its journey.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the customer service and front-end functions including reconciling daily transactions, handling cash, managing customer service, and supervising staff.
- Responsible for front-end cash management functions, including balancing and replenishing floats and petty cash, consolidating, reconciling and declaring daily transactions, and preparing the deposit of weekly cash.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Manager to ensure that all cashiers are fully trained, periodically tested on their touch screen and code knowledge, and maintain teamwork and cooperation within the Customer Service Department.
- Be able to provide guidance to cashiers by responding to questions related to interpreting policies, product codes, procedures, etc.
- Perform cash related opening, closing and balancing duties while working with the Customer Service Manager to ensure all tasks are completed on a daily basis.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager with scheduling to ensure the best possible coverage at the tills. This includes managing cashier breaks and making sure the till area runs smoothly and customers are satisfied.
- Work with the Customer Service Manager, Store Manager and Human Resources to address employee performance issues; this involves participating in performance discussions and conducting discipline proceedings, investigations, or terminations.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as required.
- A team builder and player with a proven record for successfully developing, mentoring and motivating staff in multiple disciplines.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline, high-performance environment with an honest, open and consistent approach to working with others.
- Values building relationships and is known for integrity and compassion in dealing with challenging people and issues.
- Listens to understand and integrate customer expectations - is responsive and adapts to customer needs.
- An active listener and a strong communicator who is able to communicate with all types of people.
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills; able to bring alignment and focus throughout the store at all levels of employees.
- A Grade 12 diploma with at least 2 year of supervisory experience in the retail sector. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- An interest or work history in the natural foods or organic industry.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Blush Lane software systems would be an asset.
- A solid knowledge of basic math skills (addition, subtraction, able to make correct change)
What's in it for you?
- 10-25% discount on SPUD and Blush Lane purchases
Blush Lane's approach to inclusive hiring
Blush Lane and our family of companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers which celebrate the diversity found within our teams. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of colour, and people with disabilities, to consider applying. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms, and we want to meet you at your best! Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.