Full Time and Part Time Baristas
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaCA$16 per hourCafe / Deli
Be Fresh Local Market is looking for multiple permanent, Part Time and Full Time Baristas to join our charming hybrid cafe / market team (1900 West 1st Avenue)! There are opportunities to work out of two locations, we have a second cafe/market in Mount Pleasant - Organic Acres (3603 Main St). Hours and shifts are not defined at this point but could include weekends. We are growing and we have tremendous opportunities for you to grow with our company, we love to promote from within.
Our cafes/markets are one-stop-shops for everything - coffee, produce, food, snacks, gifts and goods.
At Be Fresh and Organic Acres, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious actions. As part of our community, your energy and expertise will contribute to creating a healthy and caring workplace that improves our world in meaningful ways, both socially and environmentally.
- Whip up some yummy coffee drinks!
- General daily café operations.
- Use your creativity to merchandise and groom our beautiful produce displays throughout the store.
- Greet and assist customers with a smile and great attitude to help make their day special!
- Work with your team to ensure a positive relationship and goals are met.
- Keep the café market clean and tidy.
- Stocking grocery shelves and assist in unpacking grocery and produce orders.
- Assisting in any light food prep if necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Barista experience.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Passion for local, organic, sustainable food and products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in food service retail and enjoyment for the same.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- Interest in joining a fun loving, fast moving company.
What's in it for you?
- $16.00 per hour + tips increasing by $0.50 after the probationary period.
- 20% discount on SPUD.ca and Be Fresh purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members working more than 14 hours per week
Be Fresh's approach to inclusive hiring
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.