Delivery Team Lead
Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaCA$18.5 - CA$19 per hourDelivery / Logistics
SPUD.ca is growing again! We're looking for a Delivery Team Lead to join our team in Edmonton, AB (7039 68th Avenue). The schedule for this position is 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm, 4 days a week (either Monday to Thursday, or Tuesday to Friday).
The Delivery Team Lead assists the Delivery Supervisor in the daily operations of the Delivery Team. They are responsible for ensuring the plans of the Delivery Supervisor are properly executed by the drivers, they oversee the operations of the morning delivery team. They are also expected to fill in on routes where needed, complete various pickup duties as assigned, assist with fleet maintenance activities, and act as a liaison between the Customer Care and Delivery Teams.
SPUD.ca is a Western Canadian online grocery delivery business comprised of a passionate team who believe that food touches every aspect of our lives, so we are advocates for sustainable farming practices, sourcing locally, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a Certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to socially responsible business practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own labour planning and shift reporting for the Delivery Team.
- Oversee the entire delivery department in their day-to-day duties.
- Motivate the team to meet quality targets & complete delivery workload through daily engagement.
- Maintain and train on Standard Operating Procedures for driver training, customer service standards and safe driving habits.
- Oversee hiring and training of new Delivery Team Members.
- Monitor all feedback channels and act on customer concerns.
- Support Team Leads in overseeing day-to-day operations.
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions.
- Working with our operations team to ensure a high standard of quality in the orders we deliver to customers.
- Coordinating with the Logistics Manager on implementing new changes, contributing to projects and overall strategic planning.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy relationship with all other departments and faculties of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced professional looking to develop their leadership skills; leadership experience is preferred.
- Organized and efficient.
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing schedules, environments, and new challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A Class 5 Driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Display a passion for creating amazing customer experiences worth sharing.
- Responsible and mature.
- Someone who loves supporting and helping others.
- A self starter: someone who is motivated to find gaps in procedures and problems that need solving and works at fixing them without being asked.
- A willingness to be scrappy and own it!
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs continuously
- Ability to work on your feet all day, bending, leaning, crouching and walking
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and operate larger vehicles
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in cold environments (eg: digging vehicles out of the snow)
- Comfortable with driving in low-light/low visibility conditions (eg: driving at night, driving in snow squalls)
What's in it for you?
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members
SPUD's approach to inclusive hiring