Burnaby, British Columbia, CanadaCA$20 - CA$21 per hourDelivery / Logistics
Mainland Fresh is looking for a Delivery Team Member to join our growing team! The schedule for this position will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8 hour shifts.
The delivery driver will pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Before each transfer, you will ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client. To succeed as a driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our clients with an excellent experience. Your commitment to work safety, and passion for customer service will allow you to thrive in this role!
Mainland Fresh is a part of Spud group of companies. SPUD.ca is an online grocery delivery business in Western Canada. We are a passionate team who believe that food touches every aspect of our lives, so we are advocates for sustainable farming practices, sourcing locally, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a Certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to socially responsible business practices.
Loading, transporting, and delivering items to warehouses in a safe, timely manner.
Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, and the customer is satisfied.
Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, powered jacks, etc.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license, and a clean driving record.
- Experience with 3-ton vehicles an asset.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Must have excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to lift 50+lbs on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to work in cold environments.
What's in it for you?
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
Mainland Fresh's approach to inclusive hiring
Our team is committed to building relationships rooted in trust, integrity and respect. We believe in a growth mindset and support our team members' personal and professional growth in a safe work environment. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.