Victoria, British Columbia, CanadaCA$19 per hourDelivery / Logistics
SPUD is looking for a permanent full time Delivery Driver to join our team based in Victoria, BC (1015 Henry Eng Place Victoria, Langford, BC). The schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, 11:00 am-7:00 pm.
Our delivery drivers deliver grocery orders to SPUD customers, based on assigned routes and instructions, by providing exceptional customer service, and support the Operations team as needed.
- Drive SPUD's vehicles around sunny (or rainy!) Vancouver Island, listening to your music and making deliveries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Read delivery instructions carefully, especially where to leave bins.
- Pick up any empty bins, cryomats, ice packs, etc. and put them in the designated areas of the warehouse, at the end of the delivery.
- Provide our customers with a great experience when they interact with you! You are the face of the company, we receive a ton of positive feedback about our wonderful drivers!
- Be happy working with limited supervision in a role where you will directly impact our community.
- Take initiative and be willing to assist others as necessary, be happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Complete driver checklist accurately and legibly.
- Additional duties as required.
- A class 5 Driver’s License, and clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Experience driving larger vehicles.
- Ability to comfortably drive around Vancouver Island, in all types of weather, displaying excellent driving skills.
- Familiarity with surrounding areas is preferred.
- A warm and engaging personality, displaying exceptional customer service!
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to work on your feet all day, bending, leaning, crouching and walking.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and operate larger vehicle.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and do other pick-ups as required.
What's in it for you?
- $19.00 per hour starting wage, increasing to $20.00 per hour after 3 months
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended health benefits
SPUD's approach to inclusive hiring
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.