Blush Lane Health and Body Care Supervisor (Whyte Ave)
Edmonton, Alberta, CanadaRetail
Blush Lane is looking for a full-time Health and Body Care Supervisor, who will also be an acting Manager on a month to month contract covering a leave, to join our growing team at the Whyte Ave location in Edmonton (8135 102 Street NW)!
You will be leading the team of in-store HABC staff in the retailing and sales of vitamins & supplements, sports nutrition, personal care products, books, and housewares, and ensures that the department is orderly, profitable and efficient, and that the team is competent and confident in their work.
At Blush Lane Organic Market, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious actions. As part of our community at Blush Lane Organic Market, your energy and expertise will contribute to creating a healthy and caring workplace that improves our world in meaningful ways, both socially and environmentally.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop the team of HABC employees.
- Assess the performance of individual staff members, address performance issues promptly by giving feedback and outlining corrective actions.
- Recognize and reward employees for achievements or outstanding customer service.
- Work with the Store Manager and Human Resources to address serious employee conduct issues such as chronic performance problems, disciplinary action, or termination of employment.
- Promote cooperation with other departments, acting as a resource to all managers in the store.
- Develop strategies to ensure that profit and sales goals of the department are achieved.
- Ensure staff are well trained, have good product knowledge, deliver excellent customer service, and are sales-focused.
- Participate in management team meetings and Manager-On-Duty rotations.
- Attend product knowledge trainings to ensure staff build and maintain knowledge base.
- Manage purchasing, receiving, merchandising, rotation and stocking of HABC products for optimum sales and profitability.
- Create weekly schedules, ensuring sufficient staff on the sales floor to meet customer service needs.
- Track and report on labour costs to the head office and Store Manager.
- Serve as a role model in providing excellent customer service.
- Interact with customers to find out what they want and how satisfied they are with store merchandise.
- Address and resolve customer service problems, with assistance from the Store Manager for more serious matters.
- Ensure that HABC staff are sales floor engaged at all times.
Inventory, Ordering, Pricing, and Budgeting:
- Oversee in-store inventory control including routine counts, stock rotation, and manager specials to reduce overstock.
- Check invoices for proper costing.
- Monitor inventory turn targets and margins at the store.
- Order sufficient products to support the flyer content and in-store specials.
- Work with E-File Clerk to ensure that all products are properly tagged.
- Build attractive and creative displays to highlight current promotional products, high-volume, and high-margin products.
- Build displays to promote flyer buy-ins, following instructions from the Category Manager.
- Coordinate with other Department Managers to cross-merchandise throughout the store with promotional products and in-store specials.
- Follow the direction of the Category Manager to create similar shopping experiences in all locations.
- A Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience working in the HABC industry
- Must have holistic training and educational background (eg.- CSNN graduate)
- At least three years as a supervisor or manager- an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
- Experience with merchandising would be an asset
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- 10-25% discount on SPUD and Blush Lane purchases
Blush Lane's approach to inclusive hiring
Blush Lane and our family of companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers which celebrate the diversity found within our teams. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of colour, and people with disabilities, to consider applying. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms, and we want to meet you at your best! Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.